Data Analyst - Groot-Bijgaarden
Data consultancy in Belgium
There has never been a greater force for change than technology. Companies and governments in Europe will need to be creative to compensate for the shortage of qualified labour and to integrate new technological skills. At Talent in Motion IT, we are developing professionals with a thorough knowledge of computer systems, business processes and data analysis by offering multiple projects and providing extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management.
Mission: assisting companies with defining, managing and evaluating big data projects in domains of risk management, business optimization and customer intelligence. Depending on your expertise and preference, you will have a focus on domains ranging from ETL and data cleaning, data analysis and machine learning, to visualization, social listening and customer journey mapping.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Interpreting data and trends in complex data sets, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports
• Collecting and analyzing business and IT requirements in the scope of entreprise intelligence projects
• Working closely with management to prioritize business and information requirements
• Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data systems
• Developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
• Supporting transformation processes towards a data-centric culture.
• Higher education in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, or (Applied) Mathematics
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Familiar with data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
• Good understanding of, and practical experience with, analytical techniques and tools for predictive analytics (R, Python,…) and advanced visualization (QlikView, Tableau,…)
• Out-of-the-box thinker, team player, customer oriented, passionate about technologies
• Fluency in English, Dutch and/or French is a plus.
Nice to have
• Familiar with some of the following: Hadoop ecosystem, Hortonworks, NoSQL and tools for exploiting unstructured information (MongoDB, Neo4j,…)
• Programming experience with multiple tools/languages (such as R, Python, Java, Scala, SQL,…)
• Experience with agile development.
• Hands on experience in the area of Enterprise Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
• Multiple projects and access to different technologies
• Career planning, coaching and training
• Learning on the job on a daily basis
• flexible working arrangements
• Attractive salary package.